|Time Taken :||26 hours|
|I'm pretty damn pleased with how this came out especially since I made it in about 2 days. I knew I'd need a shit load of material and didn't really have the funds for expensive material so I had to stick to polycotton for the main pink bits. Also turns out I didn't have much choice because polycotton was the only thing available in the right colour XD but I'd like to remake the huuuuuge skirt in a slightly darker pink since it's supposed to be slightly darker.|
Aaaaanywho. I used the bodice pattern from an old dress pattern I had lying around. It was waaaay too short so I extended it by about 6 inches. This didn't quite turn out to be enough since it was just sitting above the hips instead of actually on them but I like it this way anyway. And I couldn't afford anymore material :P Sleeves were done a bit too fast so they suck, I need to remake them. The collar is just stiff interfacing with peachskin on one side and polycotton on the other then velcro'd into the bodice.
The skirt is 4 panels and is a bit short because, again, material shortage XD with some sparkly, glittery netting over the top (very Charlotte :P).
I bought a fan, gloves, tiara and Naveen (I already had a bigger one but he was a bit annoying to carry about!). Annoyingly the gloves didn't arrive in time :( And the fan was a bit shit but I wasn't willing to pay anymore than £2 on it! :P Already had earrings and just used some black character shoes (they should be pink but, as if I've not said it a million times already, I was on a budget! And nobody really gives a shit). Also decided I'd probably be showing my pants raaather a lot because of the hoopskirt and how crowded the ball can be so I wore my lolita/Alice bloomers underneath.
I borrowed the wig and hoopskirt from the fabulous Angelphie! I'n't she just the bee's knees? Thank ya kindly, sugar!
This is a terrible picture BUT... (Posted 23rd November 2010)
...this is the fruits of my labour from day 1! I have to iron the bow so that's why it looks a bit shit. Also need a hem and whatnot but still! I've done something XD Also cut out the bodice and bits and bobs for the collar. 5 metres of pink and I've already run out! So I need to get more for the sleeves and back of the collar.
Unfortunately did not have a big choice of material so I had to go for the cheap choice of polycotton. Every other pink fabric I found was far too dark. For the clear bit on top of the skirt I found some tulle which had sparkles all over it. You can't see it very well in this picture but it looks awesome in real life.