|Time Taken :||3 days|
|I had planned to do this for AmeCon, however I ran out of time! When I was looking through the Project Diva designs I fell in love with this outfit- the colours and design are just beautiful, and I coincidentally already had nearly everything I needed save the red fabric and the wood blocks and EL wire for the shoes.|
I'm looking forward to working on it again next week :)
|Skirt - minus pink gradient||High||Complete|
|Obi and Bow||High||Complete|
|Rose hair accessory||Medium||Complete|
|"Medium Oak" stainer for shoe wood||£7.00||Bought|
|Long Pink Wig||£21.00||Bought|
|Black Duchess Satin - left over from Hildegarde||£0.00||Bought|
|Red Printed Cotton||£10.00||Bought|
|Purple Material - left over from Alisa||£0.00||Bought|
|Light Purple Material (for skirt) - left over from Alisa||£0.00||Bought|
|Black Pleather (for shoes) - left over from Frederica||£0.00||Bought|
|Gold & Cream Gingham||£2.53||Bought|
|Microphone Piece - left over from Derek Stiles||£0.00||Bought|
Microphone (Posted 28th October 2010)
I removed this component when I was working on a headset for Derek Stiles from Trauma Center 2 (never ended up finishing that costume and I ended up scrapping it). I sprayed it black and then put two dolops of bright blue paint on the tip for the "lights". Then I glued one of my left-over hair clasps from Yako to the end so I can clip it into my hair/wig.
Once again, crap lighting, crap photo. The blue is actually really vibrant on the microphone but it looks really dingy here for some reason.
Hair Bow (Posted 28th October 2010)
I started getting lazy and I hemmed most of this with hot glue instead of sewing it. After I took this photo I glued down the little fabric loop at the top that was hanging loose, too. The bow attaches at the back of my head with a hair clasp that's left over from when I was making Yako (Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro).
Obi Roses (Posted 27th October 2010)
2 hours of hand-painting later...
This photo actually makes them look really bad, they look a lot nicer in person (and when further away... haha). Crappy iphone quality!
Shoes - part 3 (Posted 27th October 2010)
The shoes are 90% done at this point! The leather "sock" is attached to the wooden base with just some hot glue and a few screws so I am -very- worried about it falling off :S They're quite a struggle to get on and off my feet so I'm not sure if wearing a different pair of shoes and then swapping for photos will be worth it. I might wear flats until I get to expo, and then change into these as soon as I get there. Then wobble about like an idiot. XD
All that's left now is to stain the wood and attach the hot pink strip around the middle. Will be done tomorrow!
Shoes - part 2 (Posted 26th October 2010)
My step-dad helped me screw the wood blocks together and cut the shape out with an alligator saw. I would have done it myself if we had a jigsaw, but I physically can't handle an alligator saw. I'm too small XD
Kimono 75% done (Posted 26th October 2010)
Just need to sew the trim onto the bottom and then figure out what I'm doing for the sleeves. I've attempted the sleeves 3 times now and they're just being plain awkward. Hmmm.
I decided to use pinking scissors on the black trim, as in the reference image there's a slight crimp to the triangles. Not only do pinking the edges stop fraying (and save me a whole lot of work hemming everything) but I also hairspayed and ironed the fabric to make it stiff and even less likely to fray.
After the kimono is done, I'll get the skirt and the shoes completed, and then start on the hair accessories.
Shoes (Posted 25th October 2010)
I asked my step-dad if he had any blocks of wood sitting around the garage and he fished these four blocks out. He helped me square them off and get them all down to the exact same size, and then I marked out the shape of my foot and where I'm going to cut tomorrow. They are -slightly- too small for my feet but I think it'll be okay... if not, I can probably attach some more wood onto the back to even it out.