|Time Taken :||11 hours|
|Spider-man is my favourite comic book superhero, and Black Cat is one of my favourite characters from it. I've always wanted to cosplay her, but always put it off for various reasons - but as I'd been invited to a "Heroes and Villains" themed party in September 2010, I decided to go ahead with it!|
I already had enough black fabric for the bodysuit, and it's a stretchy sort of leathery-feeling fabric, but I forgot to take into account that it only stretched one way instead of two - doh! So as a result, the suit's a little tight. Makes it a bit difficult to sit down (and impossible to zip up by myself), but it's okay to deal with. The fur is a pain in the arse as it got itself everywhere when I was cutting and sewing it. It's not as long as I'd have liked it to be, but it was the best the fabric store had at the time and I couldn't really risk waiting for them to possibly stock some longer fur. Oh well! :)
I bought the white gloves (which are actually over the elbow gloves to make sure my arms wouldn't show if the sleeves rode up), and I also bought a base mask which I then glued some scrap black fabric to and cut to the right shape. There's actually elastic holding it on, but fortunately as the wig is white and falls on either side of my face, it's hidden. I borrowed the wig from my sister.
The bootcovers... e_e I really hate making bootcovers. However, this pair seemed to go alright for once! They're glued to the base shoes, which were an old pair of white heels that I had. I'm quite happy with the way they look.
Overall, this isn't one of my best costumes, but at least I finally got to cosplay Black Cat, which I'm happy about, and as it was made over the course of a week and a half, I'm happy with the result!
|1 mtr white lycra for boot covers||£8.32||Bought|
|1/2 mtr white fur||£2.70||Bought|
|Black zip for bodysuit||£0.63||Bought|
|Black fabric for bodysuit (although I already owned it)||£5.00||Bought|
Bootcovers done! (Posted 4th September 2010)
Okay so, the party is...tomorrow D8 But I've got the bootcovers done! All I have to do now is make and attach the leg cuffs and the collar to the bodysuit.
I currently have superglue all over my fingers. Ugh.
Boots at 70% (Posted 31st August 2010)
Okay, I've pinned, cut and tacked the bootcovers together; all I've got to do now is run them through my sewing machine, hem the tops, then glue them to the shoes. :D Hooray! I'm happy with the progress I'm making, although I'd like to get this done asap, as the party I'm wearing this to is on Saturday! Eep.
Yay! (Posted 28th August 2010)
Gloves arrived this morning! :D I'll be attaching the fur trim to the bodysuit instead of the gloves, though, as I want to re-use the gloves for my Zelda cosplay. I hope to make a start on sewing the bodysuit and/or bootcovers later today.
I've sewn the bodysuit together and the last thing I need to do is attach the leg cuffs and the collar. I've also cut out the mask to the shape I need, ready for the fabric to be glued on. :D
Progress so far~ (Posted 24th August 2010)
Bodysuit pieces are cut out, fur is bought and ready to be cut up, gloves have been bought and are on their way, and I have a suitable mask to use for the mask base. I've also got white lycra to make boot covers with (as neither of the two pairs of white boots I have access to/own are suitable), so those can be started any time too!