Tagged Gallery Images
Up to five images tagged in the galleries will be shown above.
|Time Taken :||5 days|
|This is a last minute replacement for my planned Amecon comp costume. |
This is my artbook Abel but he will finally be finished (yeap he was only 80% complete at Ayacon). He will have the bonus of hopefully a completed sycthe and wings that will be part feathers, part metal looking.
This is based on a mixture of THORES Shibamoto's drawings from the Trinity Blood artbook.
|Finish body armour||Low||Complete|
|Craft foam - LOTS OF IT!!!!!!||£8.00||Bought|
Finally Complete (Posted 18th August 2010)
After starting this in 2008 I can now finally say its done. Other than repair work there is nothing more that needs doing.
I'm so pleased on how its all came out. I have learnt so much through making this. I got to try out Wonderflex and to really practise my armour making with this.
There are bits that I would love to remake as I'm not 100% happy with it. The arrows (I would like to try resin casting) and the scythe.
The scythe sadly died prior to me going up for my entry slot at the Amecon cosplay comp. As I was putting the parts together I heard an almighty crack from the centre. the tube that was acting as its core had broken. The craft foam literally held it together enough for it to last the day. So in most pics of the masq I do have a paniced look on my face. its due to me willing for the whole thing to not collapse. XD
This is now my favourite costumne to date. Not only for all the things I got to do but also how easy it is to get into. I also like how much it suits me as I can use my own hair and glasses.
Final piece of Armour done. (Posted 11th August 2010)
Finally after a while all the armour is now complete. The armour for the left arm was the last to be done. I never got the chance to finish it for Ayacon last year so I decided for this version to get it 100% complete.
The two pieces are cut from Cintra/foamex using a Dremel multitool. They are then hand shaped using a heat gun. They are then sanded with the sanding bit of my Dremel. Finally finished with craft foam decoration, two pieces of shiny elastic and the dry brushing with acrylic paint. It is then sealed with spray varish.
Classic Abel moment XD (Posted 10th August 2010)
Nearly finished on the wings. They just need painting. Did have a classic Abel moment last night where I had hot glued one of the winsg to the table. Luckerly, I managed to resucue both.
Now onto the nightmare that is the sycthe. I have already encountered a problem with it that I hope I can fix with some cintra. The centre section of the head pieces isn't strong wnough to hold the weight of the blades so I'm going to have to renforce it.
WINGGSSSS 2 (Posted 10th August 2010)
Now have completed wings. Just done the base coat.
I had to change the plan of them slightly. I had wanted them to be able to come down into three bits (two wings and the back plate) but the attachments weren't working. The wings are 90% craft foam and 10% plastic so they are soft and flexible.
WINGSSS!!!!! (Posted 9th August 2010)
Have finished the Cintra/Foamex base. Now onto the craft foam. I have delibrately not heated the cintra base so that its still flexible. Each 'bone' wing is glued to a piece of plastic boning and then glued to the wing. The edges are then covered with sections of craft foam.
Due to time restrictions (trying to pack for a housemove and building costumes don't go together) I won't be able to make it as detailed as I would like.
Started and then,,,,, >:( (Posted 8th August 2010)
Well, made a start on the replacement heads for the sycthe yesterday. But then the cardboard proved not strong enough to hold the shape so I looked at posssibly using some of my cintra/foamex to reenforce it.
Chaos srikes!! I can't find my cutting bit for my Dremel. Its the only one I have so after a long search last night I had to go and buy a replacement today. While, I figure out the sycthe I started on the wings.
I cut out the wing base and back piece out of cintra/foamex. i'll then be adding the details and feathers out of craft foam.
Glue gun fail! (Posted 8th August 2010)
Glue gun has decided to die on me. I'm hoping to fix it but it has put me a day or so behind.