17th October 2010: Dress Progress This is the skirt portion of the dress done, it's a 4m tube that will be gathered and pleated at the waist.
The trim didn't seem to have a hem in the pictures, so I used a double thickness folded at the bottom (pretty handy as the trim is flimsier than the main fabric I used and this bulks it up).
When I dyed the embroidered fabric I threw in some plain white cottons for the trim, but they both took the dye to completely different shades, so I had to hunt round the market for anything that matched and came back with this plain soft cotton. The camera flash makes it seem more vivid, but in person they're not so different.
I managed to find a really lovely wig with lose curls on eBay, nearly went for styling my own as all the perfect ones were ~£100 lace fronts, then this one popped up for £20!