Costume :Blanca
Source :+Anima
Progress :In Progress
Worn At :None

Costume Photos

ref 1


Costume Information

I made most of the dress ages ago (wow, it was really in 2012?!), and the wings didn't work the first time with the fur feathers, so I have yet to buy another lighter material for the feathers. No idea when I'll do this, since the dress is not very flattering for me at the moment, and I'd prefer to find another character with white wings too.

But really, I'll finish this costume when I finish it. There is no particular convention that I want to wear it to, and no group to wear it with, so I'm in no rush. And to be perfectly honest, I don't think I suit this character.

I will most likely get body paint for the markings, though I shall try have to experiment with a different costume first since my only attempt at body paint failed miserably. A body suit is another option, but I want all the markings to be uniform.


i adore +anima
im excited for this x

by on Wednesday, 18 August, 2010 - 21:57
Avatar Image

YES! +Anima cosplays!!! Love it ad cant wait to see it finished m'dear :3

by picklesofdoom on Wednesday, 1 September, 2010 - 22:16
Avatar Image

Ooo, those wings look really interesting! Looking fwd to seeing this!

by Storme on Tuesday, 19 October, 2010 - 20:07


Un-holding project (Posted 6th February 2012)

I'm fixing up the wing frame now that I have more experience with pvc and wire and whatnot. Expect an altered shape plus chicken wire picture update soon!

Feather layout (Posted 18th October 2010)

The layout for the feathers. I've only made the larger ones at the moment (out of fur), and it turns out they were too heavy for the frame. Sugar. I will not be able to fix this in time for the London Expo in just over a week.

Costume put on hold until I find a more suitable material for the feathers.

Wings frame (Posted 20th September 2010)

The framework for the wings. Made from garden fencing (the lightest thing I could find), mounted on a hinged wooden plate.

Dress done (Posted 11th August 2010)

Finished the dress. The picture is from when it was 90% done, I've now sewn the elastic on the inside and sorted out the back.

Dress (Posted 10th August 2010)

Made most of the dress.