naurarwen
 


Costume :Edward Cullen
Variant :Volterra
Source :Twilight Saga New Moon
Progress :Complete
Worn At :None


Costume Photos

Cullens, Volturi and two Bellas

Bella finds her Edward

Alice, Edward and Bella Volterra

Just before adding the gold

Completed hood, semi completed sleeves

Finished second mock up back

Finished second mock up front

Outer material

Reference image

Sleeve fabric

 


Costume Information

Description
So far I have made a mock up for this costume but it needs a few alterations making to the overall length of the robe, the sleeves and the hood size. Think once I got these sorted I will be able to make the actual robe for definate.

---------------------------------------

I still haven't found the right coloured fabric for this costume but I did find some fabric to use for the patterning on the sleeves, its not perfect but think it may be the closest I get.

Updated: 13th June 2010

----------------------------------------

All fabrics are bought now and have been for a few months but totally forgot to update as been busy with various other cosplays recently. I have some pictures of the fabrics somewhere so will try and get those up soon. Anyway I had a major fall out with the pattern I used for the mock up so have now bought an out of print pattern from America which I'm hoping will arrive in the next few weeks and I'll get to work asap. I bought 10 metres of mock up material so I can have a play around with bits if I need too.

Updated: 3rd Sept 2010

----------------------------------------

Pattern has arrived thanks to a lovely lady in the US. And it arrived in 5 days instead of the 2-4 weeks she was thinking it would take so very happy. Pattern is cut out and hoping to cut out the mock up fabric tonight and hopefully put it together tomorrow. Need to make some alterations to the sleeves and the back pieces but other than that I'm hoping this will be the final pattern I decide to use because if not I may have to put this costume off till next year.

Updated: 8th Sept 2010

----------------------------------------

Finally got all the pattern pieces cut out for the new robe mock up and gonna see if I can get most if not all of it sew together tonight. You will have to excuse the fact the mock up is purple but it was the only fabric I could find of a similar weight that was only £1 a metre so I ended up buying 10 metres of it whilst I was at the fabric shop. So cross your fingers people and hope this works.

Updated: 11th Sept 2010 (God bless to all those who lost their lives in the World Trade Centre)

----------------------------------------

Mock up is finally finished now and hoping to start cutting out the proper materials tomorrow. Not entirely sure how long it will take me to get it all together but hopefully not long as I still have loads of other stuff to catch up and only 35 days till the convention.

Updated: 17th Sept 2010

----------------------------------------

Finally started cutting the actual fabric out. Have managed to cut the dupion out so far and sewn the hood together. Gonna work on the sleeves tomorrow, think the hardest bit to do is going to be adding the gold material to the sleeves and bottom of the robe definitely not looking forwards to it. Will make sure it all sits right before adding the bits to the bottom of the robe.

Updated: 18th Sept 2010

----------------------------------------

The hood is now finished and the outside fabric for the sleeves is done. Obviously the sleeves still need to be hemmed but this can't be done till I attach the velvet. Now working on the bottom gold material for the robe.

Updated: 22nd Sept 2010

----------------------------------------
Not had much to update for the last week as not been very well so have been recovering in bed instead of doing costumes.

All the gold is now attached to the bottom and the sleeves of the robe. The velvet lining has been sewn in for the main body and at the moment am working on lining the sleeves once this is done the sleeves will be sewn in as well leaving just the hood.

Updated: 4th Oct 2010 (T-minus 18 days till the convention)

Comments

Avatar Image

Robe mock up is looking good. I'm sure it will look great in the fabric and on you ;)

by Sephirayne on Wednesday, 9 June, 2010 - 00:56
Avatar Image

Thanks chic, just need to make some alterations to the hood as it doesn't hang low enough at the back. Needs to be a bit fuller or something, its alittle tight on the shoulders too but I'm sure I'll suss it out. Can't wait to get the fabric this weekend. I got my samples the other day too, the red velvet was a bit bright so hoping to find some in more of a burghundy colour.

by naurarwen on Wednesday, 9 June, 2010 - 12:44

Woowieesss looks good so far, I'm sure you'll fix the glitches no doubt :-D

by Draco Malfoy on Wednesday, 9 June, 2010 - 13:08
Avatar Image

That looks rather nice Sam, good job :)

by Wyrdsister on Monday, 1 November, 2010 - 01:41
Avatar Image

Thanks Steph was very pleased with it

by naurarwen on Saturday, 6 November, 2010 - 02:12
Avatar Image

The robe came out so well. You've done an amazing job on it. You really look the part in it. Love the fabrics you used for it.

by Sephirayne on Tuesday, 18 January, 2011 - 22:21
 

To-Do List

Make mock up of robe.HighComplete
Buy materialHighComplete
Make up the two robesHighComplete
Cut out proper fabricsHighComplete