|Time Taken :||--|
|For a shoot with UK-Wonderland.|
Special-Pleb also wants me to do this for her art project, so I'm getting this done early :)
I shall be adding to the costume over time, I'm just a bit brain dead with coming up with cool original designs. (I want to applique something, or embroider something onto the hem of the skirt, just gotta come up with an idea!)
3m blue polycotton £6 (approx, I bought this ages ago)
1m white polycotton £3
White tights £3.60
Really this didn't cost me anything as I had -all- the fabric already. But I've put up a rough estimate anyway as a guideline.
The bodice was a sort of trapezium shape, sewn together and I added darts at the bust area to make it more fitted. There's no zip needed as I made it just big enough to fit my head through, plus I couldn't find the right colour zip.
The puffy sleeves were sewn on separately with a white band made from double layered polycotton.
The collar is made from polycotton... I had to do this in 10 minutes before leaving the house so erm... Bit on the rushed side. I want to sew on interfacing in the future, definitely.
The skirt is a circle skirt, I hate hemming those things. Then sewn onto the bodice.
I used a black petticoat I made to give the dress the poof needed.
The apron is made from a single layer of polycotton. Really, I would like to either interface it or double layer it, but I just don't have the money to do so. Maybe in the future as it's all horrible and flimsy being polycotton.
The shape was tricky to achieve but I think I got there in the end.
The waist band and bow at the back is made from polycotton drill as that's all that I had leftover (I did say this costume was made from scrap fabric). The waistband is one long rectangle with velcro. The bow is made using 2 bow shaped panels, sewn together then with a rectangle in the middle and the two tails attached. On the rectangle there is velcro to loop around the waistband and to secure it.
Shoes I got from Clarks Village ages ago.
Tights are from New Look (NUS discount, wahey!)
Wig is my Kaitou Jeanne wig, but washed and treated. It needed to be restyled anyway as the curls fell out so no problem xD
When I do the shoot with UK-Wonderland I will revamp the cosplay (as well as post a concept picture XD) as I have the design in my head... Just got to put it to paper and then onto the costume itself!
But because I'm not going to be working on this for a while, I'll put it in complete for the time being XD
Because the theme is cards, I want to embroider the different suits to the hem of the skirt. I also want a proper bow on my head rather than a lolita bow and I might do other edits too! As well as fix up the costume as I made it in record time XDD
|Make white apron||High||Complete|
|Sew on collar||Low||In Progress|
Temp headbow (Posted 13th August 2010)
Temporary head bow borrowed from Izzy (shigures high school girl) because I'm just too lazy to make my own right now XD;
I lost my alice headband anyway and so I asked Izzy for hers (she's heavily into lolita I instantly went to her XD) and let me borrow it :)
When I make my own it'll be less lolita style, more traditional bow style but BIGGER! That is if I like the look, going to draw up loads of designs and see what I like best when it comes to the shoot with UK-Wonderland.
Wig has been washed out of its hairspray. Might need to wash it a second time and add a bit of conditioner to it as there's still a tiny bit of hairspray in the bangs.
Nearly there! (Posted 9th August 2010)
This is the shoddiest costume I have ever made XD
The apron is made from a single layer of polycotton, I would have loved to either interface it or double layer it but I don't have any of that lying around and am too much of a cheapo to buy more XD
The white part of the sleeves is double layered polycotton.
I still need to sew on the collar, I thought about making it... Then decided not to because I was lazy and I haaaate making collars!!! Will make it eventually though XD
Time Taken: 3-4hrs
Dress (Posted 29th July 2010)
Wooo, that's all the blue bits done! I just need to hem it, but I need to buy more thread for that.
I would have finished off the puffy sleeves but I wanted to have white edging... And out of all 12+ of my bobbins none of them have white thread in them oTL. I can't do any more work till I free up a bobbin or buy some more xD;
The torso has darts to make it fitted, has a zip at the back (which needs to be bought) and then the puffy sleeves sewn on. The skirt is a circle skirt.
I thought I'd need two petticoats or something... But the black petticoat I made ages ago works perfectly enough, yay for not having to break my neck over making another! 8D
Time Taken: 1hr