|Just thought I could have a section dedicated to my various props and swords ;)|
Real Syaoran's Chinese Jian was NOT made by me, the main base (which is wood) was made by zerocool1062007. I did all of the detailing on it though which includes the top of the handle, details on the guard and the tassels. I also did the detailing on the scabbard which has yet to be completed.
Clone Syaoran's Katana, Hien, was 100% made by me. It was made from cardboard and paper mache with the details made with foam. I have yet to make the scabbard but I will do some day!
Fai's tattoo was made as a prop to be used in a Tsubasa skit at the London MCM Expo May 2010. In the end, the skit never happened so now the tattoo is now stuck up on my wall. I first printed the design out from a manga scan (turns out its only been shown once without anythng else in the way!) and started to copy it onto a bigger peice of paper. I then cut out the tattoo as a stencil and painted it onto a clear peice of PVC with acrylic paint.
The Pipe Fox Spirit, Mugetsu, was made by me and was with me when I cosplayed Kimihiro Watanuki. He was made by sewing together a long strip of fur and turning it inside-out. A metal bendable wire was then put inside and he was stuffed. The head was then made and ears attached, the then was then sewn onto the main body and stuffed before closing up the hole in the neck. The eyes were put on last ^^
Pipe Fox tutorials can be found here...
Part 1: http://bahamut50.deviantart.com/art/Pipe-Fox-tutorial-part-1-170427492
Part 2: http://bahamut50.deviantart.com/art/Pipe-Fox-tutorial-part-2-175067577
Part 3: http://bahamut50.deviantart.com/art/Pipe-Fox-tutorial-part-3-175723565
The image is too big to be able to read properly on here unfortunately ^^;
I am also now offering commissions for the Pipe Fox Spirits! I charge £15 including postage. If you are interested, please do send me a PM :)
|Finish Hien's scabbard||Low||In Progress|
Hien's scabbard (Posted 5th September 2010)
Okay! So I've been trying to make Hien's scabbard recently. A proper one this time XD I decided to make it in 2 half's and then put the 2 half's together. It has been made from a big cardboard box (which I stole from the builders when they were around my house not too long ago! Hehe) and cut to the right shape. It was held together temporarily in shape with cellotape while I paper mache the 2 half's.
When my new glue gun arrives I will stick the 2 parts together. I'll then put more layers of paper mache on it. I'm HOPING this will make it nice and strong! Untill then, I will work on some of the details.