|Time Taken :||58 hours~|
|For the Code Geass group at Amecon 2010~|
|Make Black Underskirt||High||Complete|
|Make Red Bodice - Mark n' cut||High||Complete|
|Make arm sleeves - Mark n' Cut||High||Complete|
|Make red skirt layers - Mark n' cut / 6 meters.||High||Complete|
|Make bead droplets from Fimo||Medium||Complete|
|Make Butterfly headpiece from Craftfoam||Medium||Complete|
|Make headpiece from Wire - Spray Gold||Low||Complete|
|Add beads to wire via gluegun / super glue||Low||Complete|
|Clear Clay Varnish||£3.25||Bought|
|Gold Beading Wire||£1.20||Bought|
|300x Pearl beads||£2.50||Bought|
|Black Polycotton - 3 meters||£6.00||Bought|
|Peach Polycotton - half meter||£1.00||Bought|
|Velvet Red Fabric - 4 meters||£11.00||Bought|
|Yellow Contact Lenses||£13.00||Bought|
|Keys - for headpiece||£1.00||Bought|
Making the headpiece 07 (complete) (Posted 19th August 2010)
Complete shot of the headdress. It is all attached with hair grips and wire.
Making the headpiece 06 (Posted 18th August 2010)
Here is a close up of a finished section!
Making the headpiece 05 (Posted 10th August 2010)
Once the petals had their 2 layers of PVA glue I then painted two coats of acrylic paint in assorted pastel colours.
Making the headpiece 04 (Posted 10th August 2010)
The Butterfly and flowers were all made out of craft foam with 3D paint and fimo segments attached on top. Before painting they were coated with 2 layers of PVA glue to prevent the foam from absorbing.
Making the Bodice - Part 04 (complete) (Posted 9th August 2010)
I noticed every time I wore the bodice it would stretch and tear so to reinforce it (and keep my modesty) I inserted skin-coloured lining via hemming web.
Making the Bodice - Part 03 (complete) (Posted 4th August 2010)
After 8 hours the bodice was FINALLY finished. The butterfly / petal designs start at the chest and reach over the shoulders down to the lower back.
Making the Bodice - Part 03.5 (complete) (Posted 4th August 2010)
Picture of the finished Bodice without peach interlining.
Making the Bodice - Part 02 (Posted 3rd August 2010)
Once sewn together I started marking the designs in chalk and pen (Same method as the Skirt).
Making the Skirt Part 1 (Posted 1st August 2010)
The skirt will contain two layers with petal and diamond-shape cutouts.
Currently have 6 meters worth of cutting to do. Wish me luck!
BEADS! (Posted 11th May 2010)
Sadly I couldn't find any red beads so I had to paint a bunch of white ones!