Tagged Gallery Images
Up to five images tagged in the galleries will be shown above.
|Cost :||Between £200-£300 (mainly for new tools)|
|Time Taken :||Approx a year|
|A costume that I've been wanting to do ever since I first saw that DVD cover. I fell in love with the character design and felt that it would suit me as a cosplayer. I wanted a challange so I decided to go with a technique I've never done before. So the armour is being done by a method I've never done before which is plastic moulding. |
The sword is complete and I'm pleased on how its turned out. Its shorter than its meant to be due to the height restrictions of some events. It was made out of a long piece of soft wood with plastic hilt and pommel. The handle detail was added using Miliput. It was then finished off with acrylic paint.
The armour was made out of foamex plastic and two baseball helmets. All pieces were cut with a dremel saw and then shaped using a heat gun. I then drilled the holes using the Dremel before adding the edge ridging. It was then sanded down before being painted with sliver car spray piant. It was finished with a couple of layers of gloss varish to bring out the armour shine.
The jacket was made from a pattern I designed from scratch. Made out of pleather and lined with strong lining fabric. I hand made the buckles out of chocolate plastic sticks and Miliput. The Armour was then added once the jacket was finished. That was done using the same method as the shoulder armour.
The Shrina vest is my old one from the first attempt at the costume before it went horribly wrong. I will be remaking it as its too big. Its made from Pleather with the shrina design made from hard floor plastic.
The trousers were ones that I adjusted to fit. I will be making new ones totally from scratch at a later date.
The hair is my own that I added hair extentions to. Due to me not being able to find ones in my hair colour at the right length. I built them from scratch from loose hair.
The cats eyes contacts are by Wildeyez.
*UPDATE* This costume is now considered complete and will be my first version. I'll be doing all the remake plans with my 'One Winged Version' as the remake means more or less making a new costume.
In the end when I finally got to wear him at Amecon 2008 I was happy with the result.
I would like to thank the following people who helped;
- Lord Masamune. For the armour advice. You are my Armour Gandalf. Thanks Matt.
- Deppalike. For hair help and paint sugguestions. Thanks little Bro.
|Re-make some of the armour pieces||High||In Progress|
|Re-make coat so that it fits better||Medium||In Progress|
|Re-make Shrina vest band||Medium||In Progress|
|Sort out new trousers||Medium||Planned|
Armour problems (Posted 8th November 2008)
Finished the new armour pieces but had major armour problems at expo. It turns out that the baseball helemts that I got for the pauldrons are too small so I'll be taking break from Seph while I get new helemts of a bigger size. Then I'll be making a clip system to hold the armour on.
New Armour (Posted 22nd October 2008)
The new replacement shoulder pieces are coming along nicely. Have managed a better fit this so hopefully will be more confortable. I'll be added some clips to hold it all together better as although the velcro held well enough I did have pieces fall off anytime some one glomped me or bumped into me.
So please no Glomping for this set, Thanks.
Adjustments for Oct Expo (Posted 11th September 2008)
Although I finally finished Sephiroth for Ameocn there are several things I want to adjust remake before Oct Expo. The coat ended up being far too big so ended up lacking shape. So it wil be remade. The armour pieces need some reworking as the two lower plates kept falling off. I hope to coloured contacts as well as I felt I didn't look right with my own eye colour.