|This is the first outfit we see Rinoa in (bar the opening). I really love this dress as it always reminds me of the first moment Squall saw her. Me thinks if she wasn't wearing this she wouldn't have caught his eye so easily haha |
Although I would love to make this I wouldn't know where to start. So unless I could find a way easily I'd be geting it commissioned I hope to buy a Rinoa Wig instead of using my own hair so it's more accurate.
-I've bought the wig today! I'm hoping that it's going to be of good quality (it certaintly looks it but ya never know). So, so far I've got the wig and shoes and I bought a new necklace and although the Griever ring is more detailed I can't decide which one to wear (since the first necklace is a better length). By the looks of it I won't be able to afford the dress for the expo but that's the only piece I need apart from editing the shoes :)
-I'm going to be wearing this the evening of the Friday at MCM May Expo 11 :D During the day I'm Zone ;D so then I'll go and get changed half way through to be her with hopefully my bf as SeeD Squall and Fusionrose as SeeD Quisty :D Fun Fun! The commision will be done from KitsuneCosplay and since I know how much it'll be I now need to save up for it XD I'm also gonna get a better wig coz I don't really like the one I got that much =[
- Going to try and be making this now out of White Satin for the under layer and Gold Organza from for the top layer. Then some Ribbon for the straps :D I've got the shoes already as a Christmas gift from Phee and I've bought a new Rinoa wig which is being sent to Fusionrose's house so she can style it for me :B
- Everything bought now! :D My mum's cousin is gonna come round one day next week and help me make the dress! She took loads of dress making courses ages ago and even made her own bridesmaid dresses @.@ So yay! :D I should be in capable hands. I still feel the chiffon is too dark a gold but with the white satin underneath I don't think it's too bad :D Ooo just remembered I gotta buy a zip me thinks @.@..eep...
- Okay so I've decided not to be Rinoa on friday evening, coz I'm not staying on site anymore so it'll be harder to change cosplays throughout the day. I might change my mind in the next couple of days. Knowing me I will, but I have this planned for Ayacon anyway but I wanna do it sooner =D I might hunt around for better material now =] So yeah =[ rinoa is a no go, but it'll still be an awesome night
- Getting commissioned by 2aplus2 on ebay (see journal) all paid for and should recieve in about a month :D
- All complete! FINALLY! This outfit has been on my cosplayisland since I first joined like, two years ago! I can't believe it's complete! I just have to make a few alterations but it's good go! Yay!
|Shoes (Gift from Phee)||£0.00||Bought|
|Dress + Shipping||£70.50||Bought|
Complete! (Posted 13th August 2011)
I bought the silver bracelet today from Primark for £2. You can never really see her bracelet so I thought this one with a few fake diamonds in it would be very pretty and sparkley! Now I have everything I need to wear her so she's complete! I still need to alter the dress a little but it's still good enough to wear so yay! woop woop! I've had this on my CI for two years XD Finally glad it's been done!
Dress Arrived! (Posted 10th August 2011)
Yay the dress arrived! But I'm going to have to edit it a little bit >_< The bust is quite loose and the neck strap is too long XD so I can do that fine. I's a little bit tight around my hips and bum but not enough to make it extremely uncomfortable...but I can't sit down xD I'm going to spend the next week extreme dieting just so its a bit more comfortable XD but yay! i do love it =D also the reason its a bit ruffled up is coz of the strap length problem xD and my wig was a bit scruffy D:
Dress by 2aplus2 (Posted 20th July 2011)
My dress is finished! :D I know it's hard to see behind all the labels and such but they've so sent me a picture and will be sending it once my other dress for Jane Porter completed! I absolutely love this <3! I can't wait for it to arrive!!
Being Commissioned! (Again) (Posted 25th June 2011)
Once again this is being commissioned! I reeeeally hated the material I bought and my job really takes it out of me. Since Rinoa is my ultimate favourite characters I'd get really iffy about getting this dress wrong. So one day I will remake it myself but only after I've taken some lessons and feel confident enough in doing it :) 2aplus2 on eBay is making this and today it's all been paid for and agreed that I'll get it in time. I reeeally can't wait for Ayacon now!
Material Test (Posted 18th April 2011)
So i put the white satin under the gold chiffron and places the ribbon on top to see how the colours match. It's a little darker than i wanted it to be but I think it'll look okay once all together :) - the picture was taken from my iphone so its even darker in the picture
No Organza (Posted 26th March 2011)
After working with the blue organza for my Ballgown Rinoa I refuse to work with it again >_< it's an utter bitch and rather stiff. So Phee suggested chiffron, it has the same sort of transparency and is rather flowy. So I've bought 2 mtrs for £9.97 and if it turns out to be too dark I have time to buy more appropriate material. However if this does suit it I've got everything I need and can start as soon as Kitacon is finished :D
Making (Posted 27th January 2011)
Well I doubt I can afford this commision at all unless I'm lucky enough to get a job by April which I doubt xD and I had mentioned to FusionRose that I had some white satin in my room from when I failed to make wings one expo. So she suggested I use that to make the dress and then found me some light gold Organza to use as the over layer to get the creamy colour =D then I've just found some ribbon that would be gorgeous for the straps and both the organza and ribbon are cheeeeap =D I need to buy a wig for all my other Rinoa's anyway (since I really dont like the one I have) and I need to upload a photo of my new shoes bought for me by Phee for Xmas =D so hopefully I'll make this okay @_@
Cream or White? (Posted 21st October 2010)
I'm having real trouble deciding what colour her dress actually is. I prefer the sort of creamy colour than just a plain white one. And my shoes are a little ivory/creamy colour. I'm having this commisioned by KitsuneCosplay so I have to tell the colour soon. I just have to decide what I want >.<