Tagged Gallery Images
Up to five images tagged in the galleries will be shown above.
|-Jumps on the large rickety bandwagon-|
Was originally worn for May expo with CharlieDoryRose, Kerhys, David, Alex, SaichikoYumi, and Bloo <3 <3
It will be next worn for the Big Summer shootup with this team:
Lightning - Felixize: http://www.cosplayisland.com/costume/view/44102
Snow - Plummer: http://www.cosplayisland.com/costume/view/22332
Serah - SachikoYumi: http://www.cosplayisland.com/costume/view/36037
Vanille - Yuka: http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/costume/view/29446
Hope - ~
Sazh - Nemesis-Yojimbo (Leon)
Fang - Sands
The wig was bought from ebay - it came with some half-hearted styled attempt
despite me wanting it untouched oTL
I had to rinse the wig out and reshape it while it dried. Afterwards it was styled over several sessions using Got2BeGlued and a hairdryer.
The corduroy was a PAIN to get a hold of. I spent ages searching for an ideal shade of orange corduroy. Included attempted dying of samples. In the end I found this wonderful orange shade which I sort of grown used to as when it first arrived I thought I was going to have to replace it but now I'm pretty happy with how it looks XD;
I used the same method for creating circle skirts when making the cape. I ended up trimming and modifying the final shape but it was reasonably painless overall. I decided to add a seam into the back of the cape as it was impossible to keep it seamless like his and have the ribbing of the corduroy travelling horizontal. I decided it was better to add the seam than have vertical stripes on one side and horizontal on the other XD;
The pants were made from scratch - using the base of my Zidane pattern I drew up agesss ago. I modified it to suit Hopes needs and cut them out. This was my first time making inside pockets - I studied my work pants and talked the method over with my dad and gave it a shot XD - aah they're not perfect but they're not bad for a first try I suppose? oTL
I also mimicked the French stitching that features on his pants - I read through some tutorials - I'm not 100% sure I did it like they did - but I think it's right? XD It at least 'looks' right - right >.<
The strips were made and sewn into place before covering the join with the pockets. The side pockets were made by cutting several pieces of the material out and sewing them together. It was a bit of a struggle sewing both pockets into place.
The corduroy/ribbing trim round the bottom of the pants was taken from an olive hoody I found in a reduced basket at my sewing shop. It was pure luck. 100% golden luck I found this XD; I cut the trimming from round the base of the jacket and sewed it into the leg holes.
The jacket pattern was crafted from scratch. The collar piece took some figuring out and I scrapped a few attempts before settling. I ended up making one larger than the other the first time round and had to redo the whole thing oTL
The collar was made from suiting fabric sandwiched either side of some heavy duty interfacing.
The collar flaps line the two front panels of the jacket adding thickness and keeping the insides tidy in case the jacket ever blew open. I also added the stamp on the material on the inside for novelty reasons :]
The sleeves were straight forward - the trim was made using a similar shaded fabric as the suiting material. The clasp and button were added at the end.
The scarf took a few attempts. I first originally bought some lovely minty green material and used a white material paint spray - this failed. It spat and spluttered and toxicated my room out despite claiming to be toxic/smell free Bl
The second attempt was to bleach the edge of the material - I left it bleaching for hours - it faded ever so slightly - aka failure XD
The third time was the success - I bought some white cotton and dyed it the minty shade. I had to mix the colour from scratch so I guessed - luckily it seems to have worked out XD; The patterns were then drawn on using a black fabric pen. I un-stitched the edge of the material and added the trimming and sewed it back up.
The shoes are a nightmare! They're two sizes too small or something. I replaced the laces and painted the bottoms black with oil paint and sealed it with leather sealer - surprisingly worked XD;
I added two flaps with buckles onto the backs and mimicked some stitching lines using a pen.
These shoes are being scrapped - I have bought the same shoe - two sizes larger. I will repeat the process of painting the bottoms and replaceing the laces and then add the details and buckles again.
The belt bag was made cutting out several shapes from the pleather and doubling it over. Again like the side pockets I made the pattern up on the spot XD;
It worked reasonably well - I again had some small issues sewing it all together but it worked in the end.
The clasp on the bag is a workable button - this is [embarrassingly] my first button hole ever sewn ¬¬; So I was a bit proud that it actually worked XD
I understand them now so hopefully I can make use of buttons in my future costumes now hahahaha oTL
My gloves weren't finished in time for May expo as the leather bases hadn't arrived. I've since got some white leather gloves and painted the tops and thumb piece using black leather paint and leather sealer. I've added the small slit into the bottom and they're ready for the next shoot =]
My L'Cie mark was made by Kerhys who used water based tattoo paper. I used a left over scrap of material from the jacket to make the 'bandage' Hope uses to hide the mark.
|Purchase jacket fabrics||High||Complete|
|Purchase Orange Corduroy Fabric||High||Complete|
|french hem detail [pants]||Low||Complete|
|Corduroy Fabric - Orange -||£12.00||Bought|