|Edit: Cause I suck and spent far to much time on Ectvarr I'm having to push this back til May now. >< I still haven't made the bust piece so there's no way it's going to be ready for Minami now. :( |
I absolutely love Grandia! I think I was back in year 5 when I first played it. Somehow I managed to lose the game over the years and only managed to get it again last year so I just couldn't resist.
I really love the design of her whole costume, it fit's her character so well and just stands out from all the other designs.
I've had this planned for some time but it only recently became one I could actually do as I originally only had two images to go by (and tiny in-game pixel characters really suck for detail!), however I've managed to find a lot of concept art and some surprisingly accurate fan work that's given me a lot more to work with.
The new artwork and concept sketches I've seen has some varying colours and slight alterations to the design I originally had, for now I'm sticking with the original image for both as I much prefer the softer colours though I'm still slightly undecided about which design to go for on the hair style.
Fabric = £31.50
Tights = £5
Beads = £5
Wig = £20
Things left to do:
Bust detail on the dress
Tassels for the cape and hat
Add ribbon and banner thing to the front of the cape
Diamond for the hat
Almost done (Posted 26th January 2010)
Cape, hat and base dress is now sewn together. Going to try it on tonight to mark out the bust and get that done. The shoes still need doing and I need to add a few details to the tights, hat and cape then it's just the staff to make.
Bleh (Posted 21st January 2010)
Progress is slow, I'm getting far too distracted. ><
Making a start (Posted 18th January 2010)
Got all the fabric I needed last week at the market. I've actually got two different fabric choices for the dress, one is a nice lightweight muslin and the other is a silk jersey in the perfect colour. Right now I'm leaning more towards the silk jersey as it's got a better colour and drop but does lack the opaque look that the muslin has.
Drawn up patterns for everything this morning, the biggest challenge is going to be the bust design and getting it looking right. I'm actually not a huge fan of the separate bust as it generally doesn't look right on me but obviously that's with store bought clothes rather than something I can fit to myself personally and make sure it's right.
Hopefully have the fabric cut out tonight and the costume finished by the end of the week. Biggest problem I'm facing right now however is getting the right wig. I was hoping to find something that needed as little work as possible but now it's looking like I'm either going to need to dye one or alter one with a fringe as getting the right colour and style in one wig is proving to be a problem.