|Cost :||under £20|
|Time Taken :||about 20 hours?|
|Whew, it's finally done! I caved in and bought some tight fitting trousers from New Look after realising I had only a few days left to finish it and no spare fabric. But apart from that, it's 100% made by me and my grandma. I made most of it, and Gran healped with the shoes, poppers and the odd thing here and there.|
I really enjoyed gradient dyeing the fabric, so you'll see plenty more of that on future costumes.
I changed the trousers to a skirt only because I miscut the fabric, but it turned out better anyway.
finished~ (Posted 6th September 2010)
Everything's done~ I'm going to wash the top before I wear it to any more conventions, since I managed to spill a LOT of face paint onto it XD I don't know how I was expecting this costume to come out, since so much went wrong when I was sewing it, but it was so awesome at Metrocon, since loads of people recognised the character, even though I'd made quite a few changes to it.
update~ (Posted 8th July 2010)
Ok I've decided not to scrap the top, even though I'm not 100% happy with it. The brown stuff is being cut out at the moment, and the trousers need ironing and dying. But all of that shouldn't take too long~