|This is such an amazing series|
the art work is just stunning *w
and the story is so unique I love it
The Uniforms are amazing lets be honest
The pants were made using the same pattern I drafted for my Zidane pants. I altered the bagginess and fit during construction. I found them much easier to make this time round! XD
I went on a hunt for belt clips and eventually found two that matched. I made the second [baggier belt that hangs below the first to support the gun] using pleather and attached the buckle into it. The second belt was already black - the only issue was the clasp was gold rather than silver. I attempted to spray it before hand but the spray never held and quite literally had no effect oTL
I added belt loops onto the pants in accordance to the reference image. I need to add a few to the back once my gun holster has been made.
The hat took three attempts to get right, I bought a visor as the base and built on top covering it with material. The main body of the hat is made from four individual parts joined with individually hemmed white pieces. I can safely say there is over 6 hours of work creating the hat oTL
The bee motif was created from scratch - my dress chalk refused to work on the fabric so I was unable to draw out the design before hand. So i stuck closely to my reference and created the bee rhinestone by rhinestone XD
Luckily it turned out well =]
The rhinestones are sticky back - generally used for card designs - but it seems to have stuck really well to the fabric =D
I used two different sizes and two different shades. One collection are clear - the other is rainbow fractured so the hat reflects nicely in any light.
The gloves are a work in progress, the ones I used for October were literal last minute buys as my original bases went missing a week prior to expo oTL
The boots were covered in string to create a similar look to his =]
The scarf is huuuuuuge XD
I added tassles before sewing it up inside out to allow them to hang out when pulled the correct way. The scarf is rather fluffy but picks up dirt quite easily as a result XD;
The letters were quite simple, wording added in response to the art works, tied with string. I added the bee motif stickers from my Letter Bee handbook as it actually has a sticker page inside with the wax prints <3 XD
I may add some wefts into the back of the wig so more pokes out the back - it was styled by me during the hat making stage.
I have red contacts for this costume and intend to wear them when I stop being such a wimp XD
Intend to remake the jacket before rewearing - but will be moved to complete until ready to do so!
|Sample dying technique||High||Complete|
|Buy & Style Wig||High||Complete|
|Main jacket body||High||In Progress|
|Belts x2||Low||In Progress|