|Cost :||a lot XD;;;|
|Time Taken :||just over a month|
|Worn at Midlands 2010 with an epic Pandora Hearts Group ;D|
Masquerade Performance can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hppv9zooV0g
I spent literally AGES studying this peice of art work
as it's the only place this beautiful outfit features *w*
To date this is my most time consuming/detailed cosplay ever.
I started with the hat - the base from ebay - I glued the ribbons and roses on using a glue gun following the arrangment on the picture.
The boots were also bought as bases from my home town. Originally they were turn ups like in the reference - however this bought them up and over my knee which was far to tall so I folded them down and glued the ribbon and roses on following the image once again~
I used a Victorian coat pattern to make the coat - it took heavy modifying as I edited both collars - the length of the sleeves and coat itself - the flow and front also went under modification. The pattern was quite literally a bitch to understand aswell OTL
The two front panels of the coat have iron on interfacing sandwiched inside - as do the collars and cuffs. The lining detail was done using gold ribbon.
It's a teeny bit iffy in a few areas -it was my first time lining something ._.;
Although I think it looks acceptable at least XD;;
All 14 buttons were sprayed gold before sewing or glueing onto the costume
4x collar button / 4x waist coat button / 2x belt button / 4x boot button
The strips of ribbon on the cuffs were glued on and then sewn down the centre of each in black to add the black strip that can be faintly seen within each on the reference.
For the waist coat I used the same pattern I had made for Zidane - but lengthed it. The red triangle was sewn onto it afterwards and it closes using poppits that are hidden underneath the buttons XD
The gold chain was hand sewn into place under one of the buttons then stretched across the front to the side and hand sewn into position.
I decided I didn't have enough time to make a whole undershirt - especially there was no need since only the collar and sleeves are seen. So I made the white sleeves seperately using the coat patterns sleeve design and then widening the ends - they were then sewn into the coat along with the outer coat sleeve.
The collar piece clips on around my neck and I tuck the bits inside the waist coat to give the impression of an undershirt ;D
The whole thing is on a peice of elastic~ The roses were glued on
For the white layers within the coat I pleated two peices around the top using large folds. One layer is an inch longer than the coat where as the other finishes around my boot. I steam pressed each fold down to the end of the material to give it more shape. Then both layers were sewn inside the coat using a heavy duty needle xD
I covered the stitching of the inside layers on the outside with the belt - which is lined using a slightly different gold ribbon. This one was a bit more fancier - that and I couldn't get ahold of my original one XDXD;;
My heavy needle snapped on the second time round the belt just before the end
so if one tried they'd find my belt actually lifts a bit on my left side XD
The pants were second hand riding pants - after making Zidanes pants I've decided I hate making them OTL
Looking at the style - it sugguests Victorian riding attire thus I found suitable panting ;D
The black thorn motif was cut and hand sewn onto the pants - pinning it to place had to be done while WEARING the pants due to their tight fit.
I stabbed myself so much - and reaching the back in that position is a nightmare D;
The flowery eruption on the side of my coat was made using left over white from the cuffs and inside. They were folded to match Oz's and sewn down the centre of each strip once. I glued the ribbon and roses into place using the glue gun.
The peice pins onto the front of the coat so it is easily removable for travel.
I glued the ribbon and roses onto the sleeves though they seem to have lost shape a bit since I couldn't smother them with glue [like with the boots] as my dads arm was inside them at the time and leather resists hot glue better than thin cotton XD
Since the ribbon needs to be pulled tightly to acheive the effect from the sleeves I cut two strips of ribbon that I took with me on the day. I wasn't able to glue them pulled tightly as my hand wouldn't have fitted through them - so on the day I had Alice quickly tie a knot around my wrists on each to tighten them ;D
My wig was the same from my normal Oz cosplay~
The Lollypop was donated by Break
and the Rabbit Plushy was from Ebay
My father helped me so much during this *w*
I've managed to learn a hell a lot in the making of this costume
In total this cosmtume has 21 roses ;D
|adapt undershirt collar from waist coat||High||Complete|
|Iron on interfacing to coat panels||High||Complete|
|sew on buttons x8||High||Complete|
|Make coat base||High||Complete|
|Modify Coat Pattern||High||Complete|
|attach sleeves to coat base||High||Complete|
|Add inside white ruffles||High||Complete|
|attatch chain to waistcoat||Medium||Complete|
|Attach ribbon/roses to undershirt sleeves||Medium||Complete|
|Rose neck tie||Medium||Complete|
|line and add details to cuffs||Medium||Complete|
|Line inside of coat||Medium||Complete|