|Cost :||£150 aprox, most on LEDs|
|Awards :||Judges Award for Innovation London Expo October 2009 Saturday|
|Time Taken :||1 Month|
|Matt is the perfect nightmare so we decided to do him again for expo.|
I started work on the LED's first which I've never done before. I learnt pretty damn fast though working on the eyes first then moving onto the stomach and other things.
I also learnt how to make a voice changer which was built from scratch from components and built into the suit to make Matt more scary to interact with in person.
The main suit was built with furniture foam, plastazote and latex. The helmet is just plastazote and latex with buckram used to see through.
The entire thing got painted in 2 days on tuesday and wednesday when I had to leave for expo on the friday.
Matt is happy with this costume, though it was very hot to wear in the excel centre so he didn't keep it on for long. It was very flexible though so he could move easiy in it. This was a MASSIVE improvement on last years nightmare costume
Sword progress (Posted 12th September 2009)
Made nightmare's sword today. It was totally hard. Read about the full details on my Livejournal post here:
Back of head thing. (Posted 6th September 2009)
Just some pink LED's in a row for the back of his helmet.
Nightmare Eyes (Posted 6th September 2009)
Red LED's set in glue for the eyes. Managed to pop these on a too high voltage today so I'm going to have to remake them, but it made a good test.
Sword Eyes (Posted 6th September 2009)
Made up the LED's for nightmare's sword eyes. These are made with 1 yellow, 5 red, 5 blue LED's in a star shape.