|Cost :||£20-25 or so spent on things specific for the outfit, but some of it I already owned.|
|Time Taken :||Too long T_T Many hours of sewing involved|
- Orange material for the cape
- White jeans
- Brown boots
- Felt used for the gold buckles on legs and headband
- Red and white material for armbands and red apron thing
- Beige scarf
Need to finish/buy:
- Brown belt to go across chest
- Wig needs to be properly styled
- Shoulderspike things, armbands, and scarf need to be re-made/adjusted
- Red apron; already existing red shirt chopped and butchered, with the black stripes painted on.
- Cape; poorly sewn from scratch.
- Headband, although I might re-make with something a bit more sturdy.
- Lower body; boots, jeans, gold buckles on legs.
The first cosplay i've made a lot of from scratch and am happy with, but alas, it's not finished. I completed one arm band and one shoulder spike thing, but I lost the material I used because I fail at life and I know i'll have to re-make the ones I already did if I re-buy material, and I just haven't bothered. I also need to work out a good way to make the shoulder spikes; it was originally made from cotton-y material so that it didn't pull down my outfit, but they probably should be more solid.
I love Saiyuki; and despite being more of a Sanzo fan than a Son Goku one; he's my second favourite character and I think he suits me more because of his height and not-majorly-lanky figure, compared to the other characters at least. One day I will finish this! *___*