|Time Taken :||none|
|Not sure if it'll be done for Kita but I've always wanted to give it a go and since I've now learnt how to work with Plastazote (after Claves) I think it's about time I gave it a go - but don't hold your breath it may take a long time so maybe more like expo oct '10 before its actually ready :(|
This cosplay been sat here for ages waiting to be made! My biggest problem was that I'm no good with craft foam. I can mould it but I fail at the painting and sealing stage. On cleaning out my multiple fabric stashes over the weekend I found some gun metal coloured pvc! I have never used it and it was simple bought for the sake of it! I also have a large box of foam which has been left over from various projects - now with a handful of split pins I've finally figured out how I'm gonna make this cosplay. Even though its a year over due expect to see this outfit winter '11.
Ok so I rushed a version of this cosplay for expo masq. I'm happy with the overall look but needs a lot of work with adding fabric for engraving on the armor but will add this at a later date :)
|hand segment of gauntlets||Medium||Complete|
|5m of gun metal pleather||£25.00||Bought|
|scrap foam from previous projects||£0.00||Bought|
Engraving (Posted 22nd October 2011)
Because I'm using fabric to make this armor I had to think hard on how I was going to engrave it. There were several options I could think of:
Each method had its advantages and disadvantages. I've opted for using metal fabric with pattern cut out and added to armor.(Fingers crossed I have enough fabric to do this :-S)
Hand segment of gauntlets (Posted 22nd October 2011)
I wanted the gauntlets to be fully articulate so I can actually grab and hold stuff while in this cosplay. I started with a plain black glove which I then added the gun metal pvc on top of. Each ring was measured to where there are joints in my fingers then hot glued to the glove.(I unfortunatly burnt myself a fair bit using this technique :-S) I am very happy with how they turned out!
Helmet starts to take shape (Posted 22nd October 2011)
Okay due to work being a pain I only have three days to male this in instead of the original 7 I'd intended but here we go. Here is the basic shape for the helmet made out of plastazote and card. I will be covering this in a layer of pva and newspaper. I will then cover this in a layer of pva and polyfiller paste to harden (apologise for derp face). More progress to follow!