|Cost :||about £100|
|Time Taken :||Made over 1 month|
|Canti in his red form as he was at the end of Episode 2.|
I was going to do him with Wings and Halo but he gets them knocked off before he gets it on.
This costume has been on the back burner for a year or two now, allways fancied putting together a little skit with radio controled Vespas and a medley of Queen songs but it doesnt look like that is meant to be.
Timescale to get him made once I found some motivation has been pretty tight but I'm pretty much down to the latexing and painting now, so, despite my original doubts it should be possible for Aya.
Legs I'm a little dissapointed with but the body and arms are looking cool and the head has turned out to be the most complicated piece of foamwork I've done to date. Really pleased with how it's looking though.
Going to be a pretty fun costume I think :)
Well I was still sewing in the hotel car park but I got him finished in time.
Very pleased with how this one came out, proved to be quite an easy costume to wear too.
Turns out that window tinting film does not work properly on acetate though so I need to find an alternative solution for the future.
Canti has seen quite a lot of action now! this costume has been used as part of the Oxford Circus Crossing opening ceremonies and has been displayed and worn at Cosplay @ Expo.
still latexing (Posted 12th August 2009)
Latex - on - and on - and on - and on. I'm on to the minor colours now but man is it tireing.
Successfully tinted my screen last night, really tricky stuff to apply properly - especialy when you forget to peel off the back film >_<
Late night telly (Posted 11th August 2009)
I finally found a use for digital, other than endless repeats of top gear! They love showing cheesy old films like Red Heat late at night, perfect accompanyment to midnight cosplay.
Legs are finished now and the arms are very nearly there too. managed to get a coat of coloured latex onto the head and body as well. Unfortunately both I and my prefered craft shop have run out of red acrylic so it's a bit of a search mission at lunchtime today.
Been experimenting with ways of tinting my tv screen too and I think I'm going to have to go the whole hog and get some window tinting film... darned expensive though.
latex (Posted 10th August 2009)
Well, arms and legs nearly complete now. coloured latex neaded a few more coats than normal for a good colour and I discovered I screwed up in construction as I used some dark craft foam for some detail - this section is now a lot darker than the rest of the costume :(
I'll paint the detail tonight and crack on with latexing the head and body.
construction complete (Posted 8th August 2009)
Ok, so I've finished carving the last bits of detail and filling/trimming the joints. Taken a few progress pics to show what it looks like pre latexing too.
Next up a fun weekend of latexing, wish it wasn't so nice outside :(