|Time Taken :||Two weeks|
That's about it.
I started work on this costume about three weeks before Ayacon and finished sewing it in about nine days, following a drastic last-minute change of fabric. I was sewing on the way down to the convention and for most of the Thursday night, and only finished in time for Friday with the help of a very dear friend.
The patterns in this costume aren't that complicated, which I was very grateful for. The GIANT PAWS were the first things that I made, and contain about 750gms of fluff each, making them much like big cuddly pillows. I cannot use my hands at all in this costume, which made it entertaining when I was trapped behind the "pull" side of a door.
Most of the costume is cotton drill and felt. The material for the face screen was found in a remnant bin. I don't know what it is, but it was a perfect screen: my visibility wasn't reduced by much and I still had a very good field of vision.
The hood took a lot of effort to get right, and usually isn't as neat as the photos show. The shape is kept with some craft foam and a little interfacing, though I'm thinking of getting wire to ensure a more consistent look.
The giant braids were made by chopping up and gluing together two long (but not long enough) blonde wigs, and thus do not look that great. I don't recommend this idea to anyone.
Improvements that I wish to make before the next convention include improving the support in the hood, getting better braids (with better ribbons) and making a better, bouncer tail than the one I made in a rush. There's also a bunch of little improvements I'd like to make here and there that aren't significant but would improve it from a critical standpoint.