|Cost :||£55 - £60|
|Time Taken :||18 - 19 hrs|
|I'd like to do this cosplay as Meowth is one of my favourite characters of the anime and it'd be nice to also make it a Team Rocket uniform.|
Officially started 08/11/2012 when springinstep gave me her rejected Sanji wig.
This cosplay was great to wear, it got a great reaction so I'll probably be wearing it again maybe at October's Expo if I don't get 3 more cosplays finished. Only minor problems I had was the left boot slipping a bit (because it's different elastic to the other side), the velcro keeping my belt strap down came off, and there is a faint mark on the charm where I sprayed on hair spray the night before and it made the black marker run a bit, but I guess it faded as it's not very noticeable.
The wig was an ex-Sanji wig springinstep gave me, so I had to trim the fringe first. Using Got2Be spray, gel, and a hairdryer I styled the whiskers. The ears are made out of black and orange felt which were sewn together, sealed with wire inside, and secured to the wig with safety pins. The charm was cut out from foam board and painted several layers with yellow paint. I then drew on the lines with black marker and secured to the wig with Bostik All Purpose glue.
The white shirt was bought from eBay seller stevewolf2, and I cut and hemmed the waist. The R was added using iron-on paper and printing the red colour.
The black shirt was bought from eBay seller quality_clothing_2020.
The gloves are made out of cream fleece; I traced around my hand to create a glove with a 3-finger paw shape, cut out 4, and sewed and turned them inside-out.
The belt was bought from eBay seller ftwo12345.
The shorts were bought from Amazon.co.uk seller Clothes4u.
I got a pair of slipper booties, and covered the feet with cream fleece by gluing it to the sole and sewing it round the back and around the mouth. I added the brown fleece to the toes by gluing it on round the edge and sole. I added the toe shapes with brown string, like I did on my Dejiko boots. I then measured and cut out cream fleece for the legs, sewed them together, sewed in elastic, and sewed them to the boots.
The tail was made by sewing cream and brown fleece together into a tube. I then filled it with stuffing and poked a long piece of wire through so I could bend it. Then I sealed up the open end.
-Unfortunately I didn't use wire that was strong enough to hold it up, and I probably won't be wearing it; it wouldn't really show up anyway behind me.-
|Team Rocket Shirt||High||Complete|
|Wig with Ears + Charm||High||Complete|
Boots Finished (Posted 21st April 2013)
I sewed the cream fleece into leg warmers, and added elastic to the top. I then sewed them to the boots to hide the mouth.
I made them quite long to go over my knees as the shorts I got are a bit shorter than I wanted.
Boots Started (Posted 13th April 2013)
I got a pair of slipper booties, and covered them with cream and brown fleece. I glued it down to the sole edges and sewed it around the back and around the mouth. I also threaded in some brown string to make the paws (which unfortunately don't match).
I've cut out the cream fleece ready to sew together for the rest of the legs.
Gloves Finished (Posted 2nd April 2013)
On cream fleece, I drew around my forearm and hand to make a glove shape with a 3-finger paw shape. I cut out 4 of these, and sewed 2 together for each glove then turned them inside out.
This is my 2nd attempt as the first came out too tight around the arm, and wouldn't have gotten on over the white top sleeves.
Team Rocket Shirt Finished (Posted 17th March 2013)
To add the R I printed the red colour on some iron-on paper, drew out the design on the back, cut out the R, and ironed it on the front.
Team Rocket Shirt Started (Posted 13th March 2013)
Took me 3 attempts (wrecked the 1st, 2nd was awful and thin) but I got a good white shirt from eBay seller stevewolf2.
I've cut down and hemmed the waist. Next is to put on the red R which might be an iron-on.
Wig Finished (Posted 5th March 2013)
When the paint was dry, I drew the lines on the charm with black marker pen. I then secured it to the wig with Bostik All Purpose glue. It may not look exactly in the middle but never mind.
Wig Progress (Posted 4th March 2013)
I made the ears out of orange and black felt, sewed them together and sealed wire inside. I attached them to the wig with safety pins. The charm has also been cut out and painted with a few layers.
Wig Progress (Posted 3rd March 2013)
The whiskers have been styled using Got2Be spray, gel, and a hairdyer. The ear fabric pieces have also been cut out ready to sew together.