|Cost :||£90 +|
|Time Taken :||8 - 10 hours|
|USED: Halloween and meet ups 2008 (can't remember) :/|
(remake) Seeing Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallow - November 2010
Photos with brother - November 2010
Oxford Cosplayers meet - December 2010
Seeing Deathly Hallows Part 2 / photos - July 2011
Various photoshoots i have plans for...
Deathly Hallows Part 2 (Posted 18th July 2011)
Yup, we wore our uniforms again. :D Afterwards we went to a family members house, a tree had fallen in their drive, so we took a photo near it.. I think we were knocking it over to carve wands or burning it.. I'm going with burning.. Will edit and add photo soon..
Now all the main movies/books are finished, we have lots of HP days planned.
Deathly Hallows movie.. (Posted 21st November 2010)
myself and my younger brother wore our uniforms to see deathly hallows today. was a lot of fun, especially some kids shouting harryyy pottter when we went into kfc afterwards. the movie was briliant!
we took quite a few photos, i added a couple of random ones so you get the idea. I really couldn't decide my favourites so they are random ones.
lots of bits.. (Posted 20th November 2010)
i made a smaller slyterin pin.. well my take on it anyway.
Cloak work.. (Posted 14th November 2010)
I decidedI didn't like how I made the cloak. So, I pretty much took it all apart. It's in peices ready to sew back together.
arrival of goods (Posted 13th November 2010)
my new jumper arrived in the week and my tiearrive today. YAYs.
ohhhh i took in my shirt too.
New Wand (Posted 9th November 2010)
I went on down to the wand shop and this is the wand that choose me ;)
Made from a paint brush handle and green stuff, painted black. It measures just over 11inches.
Orderings.. (Posted 5th November 2010)
(a year later since my last update)
I decided to pass on my jumper and tie to my little brother as he&#039;s just been sorted into Slytherin, so I've ordered some replica ones instead. *LOTS OF MONEYS* I just hope they arrive in time for seeing the new movie.
ohhhh and my hand hurts from my detention the other week. 'I must not day dream'
I need to get (make) a new wand......... again! And the pocket in my cloak needs replaceing from a large rip in it.
31 October 2009 (Posted 1st November 2009)
I painted the pin and quickly added a safety pin to the back.
I also made myself a new wand out of clay. I wanted it for a halloween party so i could test everything but the clay didn't dry in time and I ended up with a tiny Ron wand.
27 July 2009. (Posted 27th July 2009)
I stitched on some buttons and latch. I think the buttons need to be slightly more apart, I'll try it on properly later.
My OC has turned over sleeves, but now I'm not so sure they feel right and don't seem very practical.. I may shorten them, but not sure...
...Just need to get a new patch...
24 July 2009. (Posted 27th July 2009)
Last night, I kept waking up. I kept thinking of the right and wrong ways to do the lining. (*Batty (Fern Gully) moment* "My brain is scrambled")
The morning was spent trying to do the hood, and ignore the thoughts of hospital in the afternoon. I managed to get the hood together, and decided to hand stitch the hood to the body.
23 July 2009 (Posted 23rd July 2009)
I planned to go very early to the fabric shop today, so I had all day to sew... But, then my body decides to have a bad day.. I finally got moving at 11am.
The dude in my local fabric shop is lovely, I showed him some photos of the costumes I made for my bbq. He was impressed. The shop is mainly a curtain shop, and don't have many normal fabrics, so I think he likes to see what people do different to curtains.
I almost didn't get any fabric as the one I wanted was hidden under some other rolls. I'm glad I spotted it poking out.
So, this AFTERNOON (GRRRRR) I cut out the main body parts and the sleeves. (I'm not convinced with the hood..)
I feel rather stupid indeed. But at least I came to my senses before sewing anything more.
EDIT: I unpicked the sleeves, and restitched them. YAY! Even though this puts my timing back a bit, I'm glad it wasn't too much effort to fix my mistake.
22 July 2009. (Posted 22nd July 2009)
I used some modeling clay to make the base for my slytherin tie pin.
I really should have put a pin in the back before it dryed - DAMN. I think I can fix that though.
It is 1.5" by almost 1".. to fit in between a two stripe and one stripe on tie.
I also have my templates ready for the cloak. I was going to make it, but the black fabric I have is too thin for my liking so will have to buy some tomorrow.